THE MSIPME ADVANTAGE
- Low Volume High Mix Capacity (Multiple product mixes)
- State of the Art Process Control (Integrated monitoring of all process attributes)
- Enhanced Quality Controls and Measurable Metrics (Monitoring High low limits of all formulations and correlation to product baseline recipe)
- Improved and Reduction of Utilities Usage (Custom designed system enhancing drying times, efficient components)
- Flexibility for rapid product changeover (Integrated Industrial Robot for transfer and tool change- Limited human intervention)
- Data Acquisition of production metrics for QA and Trending (Statistical Data Storage of uptime, downtime, OEE, Cycle times, Part Numbers, Machine Status and Availability.
- Most if not all current pulping systems in the market place are limited as to the down time during a product changeover as well as the safety aspects for personnel. The design intent of our systems is to mitigate these issues and use an ABB robot with integrated tooling to facilitate all platen changes. These changes will be done automatically in a protected area. Personnel will only be used to stage the moulds offline.
- It has been identified that in order to improve the drop rate of the system (throughput) the transfer from the moulding head to the drying oven input will require a means of synchronization from product to product. The technology used in material handling for factory automation will facilitate this with the use of a servo positioning system coupled with a clutch arrangement to allow the drive to be flexible, most oven drives in the pulping industry are fixed to a specific meter/min value.
- Since the design intent is to process low volume/ high mix products with the system in is necessary to have an integrated controls system for the process from input to output of the product. With our investigation there has little or no evidence that there is empirical data to support the manufacture a variety of pulp products on one system in the marketplace. The system will adopt instrumentation and measurement systems (weight, temperature, flow, vacuum, speed, fluid level, position, ECT) from other manufacturing sectors to ensure machine function and uptime.
- The system needs are, to be able to process variable products in low volumes, the systems intent is to gather statistical data for the instrumentation and create historical evidence as to the production quality all products. Data Acquisition of production metrics for QA and tending (Statistical Data Storage of uptime, downtime, OEE, Cycle times, Part Numbers, Machine Status and Availability. All current pulping systems do not offer this technology integrated into their systems.
- The current pulp manufacturing marketplace uses the process energy in a traditional manner for the production of moulded products. These systems will be monitored to ensure that all the energy used is maximized and metrics and trends can be indentified for future enhancements. With the maximization of energy usage, production costs will reduced as well as identified clearly in comparison to the traditional approach to pulp manufacturing.